• bunaken island
    Small idyllic resort with a professional dive centre
    We are based on Bunaken Island, in the heart of the world
    famous Bunaken National Marine Park.The wooden bungalows
    are situated on a small hill, only 60 steps from the beach,
    and have great sea views.
    Raja Laut Bunaken
  • diving manado
  • PADI COURSES BUNAKEN
  • diving bunaken
  • marine park bunaken

Investigate what we do and what we can do for you. Find more information on our resort and our activities Know More

RAJA LAUT HISTORY OF A NAME

-Roberto Miotto-

Our Mission

Our mission is to become a reference point for the international diving community and collaborate on projects for the protection and conservation of the Marine Park.

Our Team

ROBERTO

Roberto is practising diving for over 20 years & has a degree in Geology and a PhD in Marine Ecology at the University of Milan.

Our Team

Amedeo

Amedeo is a passionate diver.PADI Instructor, arrived once for holiday on this small island, he decided to stop here and begin a new adventure

Our Team

Kello

Michael, nicknamed "Kello": years of experience as a Dive Master in a number of Bunaken Resort.

Our Team

Ebud

Dolvi nicknamed "Ebud" dimaster, crew member and excellent electrician associated with us.

History

The Bunaken National Marine Park was established in 1991 and was one of the first protected areas in this country. It covers an area of 890.65 km ² with 97% consisting of marine habitat. the remaining 3% includes the islands of Bunaken, Manado Tua, Mantehage, Nain and Siladen. This area is the center of the so-called "coral triangle". This term refers to an area of ocean that includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. It contains at least 500 different species of corals. The Coral Triangle is considered the epicenter of global marine biodiversity and for this reason the WWF puts it at the top of its conservation program, launched in 2007.

Testimonials

I don't know what to say, every thing is in the title... The staff is just excellent, always present for you... The food is great... The boss is a great diving instructor... The dives are unforgettable... Thank you for everything !

- Tristan B

I passed through Pulau Bunaken during a RTW Trip back In December 2012. Roberto the owner was very friendly and accommodating to me. The resort is spotless, the food great, and the awesome people there complete the package. I had a great time!!! We were even treated to a pig roast for Christmas dinner. I enjoyed the fact that the resort is very personal and focuses on small one on one interaction and small dive groups.

- Travis M

Charming private bungalow with the balcony facing a beautiful sea close to dive spots. Yummy and freshindonesian food ( ex: freshly caught fish) made on the premises. Small place (4 units I think), nice owner. Also to get a feel of the local life, the village of Bunaken is a 5 mn walk away).

- Melanie C

Raja Lauts superior bungalows are spacious, comfortable and in great shape. We took two diving courses and we are pleased with them, great instructor and really nice dives. The snorkeling is really nice too, both from the resort and the dive boat. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The lunch and dinner was very good and there was plenty of food. The only bad thing was the breakfast, 5/6 days it was only toast and jam.

- Nisse S